Senior Manager, Payroll
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (overtime as required)
The Coordinator, Payroll will assist in timely and accurate processing of multi-state and multi pay cycle payrolls, which includes entering of payroll data, providing customer service to employees.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Responsible for New Hire processing (reviewing onboarding status, entering appropriate taxes, notifying governmental agencies about hire).
- Review and update Garnishment requests.
- Manage 401(k) loan related data and ensure that information is provided to all relevant parties.
- Update monthly reports for retirement team.
- Assist Specialist, Payroll with all changes to payroll as requested.
- Update Wage Works/Health Equity with all related data.
- Assist with special projects or audits.
- Run queries and ad hoc reports from Workday to retrieve and analyze data required to complete payroll processing.
- Assist employees with payroll related inquiries.
- Knowledge in working with an HRIS system and Payroll Database, ideally Workday.
- Working knowledge of appropriate local, state, and federal wage and labor laws, employee benefit plans, employment practices, and payroll taxes.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple assignments.
- Strong Excel skills and proficiency in other Microsoft suite applications.
- Detail oriented with well-developed analytical, research and problem-solving skills.
- Exemplary business ethics, confidentiality, and integrity.
- Excellent organizational skills with careful attention to detail and timely follow-through.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as well as solid interpersonal skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business management or a related field.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) certification is a plus.
- 1 to 3 years payroll experience in a law firm or professional services organization.
- Workday experience strongly preferred.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 - $80,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email