Chief Information Officer
Monday through Friday 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (additional hours as required; varying schedule in a 24/7 environment, flexibility required)
The Director, Network Engineering is responsible for providing leadership, guidance and direction to the Network Engineering team regarding the architecture, design, implementation, monitoring and troubleshooting of the Firm’s global voice and data networks. The goal of position is to provide a superior voice and data network service to the Firm.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Lead the design, implementation and management of the Firm’s global voice and data and network infrastructure, including data centers, cloud connectivity, and remote access solutions to ensure optimal performance and security
- Lead a team of network engineers, providing guidance, training and mentorship
- Monitor network performance and optimize for reliability, speed, and cost-efficiency
- Provide technical leadership in the areas of data networking, routing, internet connectivity and voice services
- Establish and implement security protocols and practices to protect network infrastructure from threats
- Forecast, plan, and manage investments in network technologies
- Stay updated with the latest network technologies and trends
- Coordinate with vendors and service providers to ensure efficient and cost-effective network operations
- Excellent technical knowledge of networking and telecommunications technologies, protocols, and systems
- Ability to lead and mentor direct reports and act as a point of escalation for complex technical issues.
- Excellent leadership and project management skills
- Knowledge of advanced distributed protocols such as IEGRP and BGP in the design of fault tolerant networks
- Ability to collaborate with other technology teams and business units to achieve common goals
- Excellent communications skills
- Strong attention to detail to ensure consistency and quality of service
- Experience managing equipment and service vendors management to optimize cost and service
- Travel as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or related discipline
- 10 years of related experience in network environments performing voice and data network engineering
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $280,000 - $325,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.