Director, Special Projects
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (additional hours as required)
Seeking an experienced ESG Manager to guide our strategy, coordination and execution of environmental, social and governance initiatives. While the initial position focus is to launch and ultimately manage the firm’s sustainability initiatives, this Manager will also assist in driving the firm’s Supplier Diversity and Risk Management program and in maintaining the firm’s business continuity program.
- Lead the development and implementation of the company’s ESG strategy to include short-term and long-term ESG goals.
- Work with internal stake holders and outside consultants to define realistic goals and targets and a documented plan to achieve them; assess best practices and current state of peer firms.
- Respond to requests for information regarding the firm’s ESG initiatives in conjunction with the firm’s communications department.
- Experience in preparing greenhouse gas inventory of company’s source 1, 2 and 3 emissions on an annual repeatable basis.
- Develop budgets related to launching and/or maintaining the ESG programs.
- Collaborate with various firm departments including Facilities, HR, Finance, Bus Dev, General Counsel, to meet ESG goals and requests for information and to provide status reports.
- Work with outside consultants and internal Business Continuity and Crisis Management teams to update and maintain the firm’s business continuity program; manage schedule to ensure each department and global office plan is updated as mandated in the BC governance documents. Manage business continuity governance documents. Maintain schedule of annual crisis management exercises.
- Assist the firm’s Diversity department and Vendor Management department to develop and manage the firm’s Supplier diversity and risk management programs and assist in responses for information related to these areas.
- Help maintain and develop, as necessary, foundational documents in firm’s worldwide structure.
- Experience, leadership, and membership in organizations leading ESG work.
- Experience embedding sustainability into organizational culture
- Mobilizing internal and external stakeholders and resources on firm’s sustainability, supplier diversity and business continuity initiatives
- Expertise in working effectively cross-functionally, including business services departments and legal practice leaders
- Proven skillset to analyze and position key information and data
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- Strong governance and business process improvement capability
- Strength in utilizing data for analysis, reporting and storytelling.
- 3+ years of sustainability and ESG strategy development, implementation and performance reporting or disclosure experience
- Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA), Sustainability Management, or equivalent preferred
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $130,000 - $180,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email