Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (overtime as required)
The Conflicts Review Coordinator is responsible for assisting with conflicts review performed in connection with new matters. The position will be part of the Office of General Counsel, with frequent direct interaction with the Conflicts/Compliance Attorney, and will communicate with partners and associates to assist with conflicts clearance. Given the demanding and global nature of the firm’s work, the Conflicts Coordinator must be available outside normal office hours and flexible with respect to evening and weekend work as circumstances require. The position is not a partnership track position.
The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Conduct preliminary assessments of new matter conflicts reports. Identify, analyze, categorize and summarize information concerning potential conflicts.
- Communicate with the relevant attorneys regarding potential conflicts.
- Assist responsible matter partners in drafting conflicts waiver request letters for review by Conflicts/Compliance Attorney.
- Liaise with the Conflicts/Compliance Attorney in connection with the implementation of ethical walls, as appropriate.
- Identify and review advance conflicts waivers.
- Accurately document conflicts resolutions, including waivers obtained or relied upon, as applicable.
- Input and maintain data in the conflicts review database.
- Assist in conflicts checks related to the hiring of attorney and non-attorney staff, as needed.
- Assist with special projects and other responsibilities relating to the conflicts process, as needed.
- Availability and willingness to work outside normal business hours on a routine basis, including nights and weekends, at times with little notice.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to set priorities and multi-task while meeting strict deadlines. Ability to maintain flexibility as priorities and tasks change.
- Keen attention to detail.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in conflicts clearance or comparable legal experience.
- Conflicts experience in a large law firm preferred.
- Law degree from an accredited law school and licensed and in good standing to practice in New York highly preferred.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $80,000 - $100,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, anticipated assignment, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email