Manager, Computer Support
Shifts available (overtime as required, hybrid, 2 days in office)
- Sunday through Thursday, 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
- Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
The Specialist, Computer Support provides technology support to all users in the firm.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Respond to, research, and resolve user inquiries for first- and second-level support received via telephone, e-mail, or walk-in, in a timely and efficient manner
- Maintain effective communication and follow-up with assigned floors
- Interface and maintain effective communication with other Support, Training, and Information Systems staff
- Escalate problems to appropriate individual(s) based on established guidelines and procedures
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to users
- Attend Computer Support Weekly Education Sessions, and provide presentations as needed for specific topics
- Attend ongoing training programs to keep technical skills sharp
- Take ownership and follow up on tickets escalated to other groups to ensure resolution and user satisfaction
- Recommend improved Support methods aimed at increasing Support’s efficiency and productivity
- Participate in software and hardware rollouts/upgrades including planning, testing, scheduling, pilot testing, solicitation of user feedback and compilation of same, training, support, monitoring, etc.
- Demonstrate willingness to cover extended hours and overtime on holidays, weekends or after regular business hours when coverage is needed
- Write instructional documentation associated with the firm’s technology
- Provide weekly activity report to Manager, Computer Support
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office 2016 and Outlook 2016, Windows 10, Ivanti SM, MS Edge, Adobe Acrobat, Mobile Iron, iOS devices, Accellion ChangePro, DocXTools, Citrix. Duo Mobile, iManage DeskSite, WebEx, Lenovo laptops, Dell desktops and laptops, and printers
- Remote office location support experience a plus
- Receptive and willing to cover extended hours and overtime on holidays, weekends or after regular business hours when coverage is needed
- Strong analytic skills, outstanding customer service skills and be detail-oriented
- A disciplined self-starter who is resourceful, reliable and trustworthy is needed
- Ability to manage a varied workload and meet deadlines
- Must be able to work collaboratively with lawyers and staff, demonstrating strong teamwork and a positive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years Support experience in a large law firm or professional services environment
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 - $85,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email