Office Administration and Technology Manager, D.C.
Monday through Friday, 10:00 am to 6:00 pm (additional hours as required).
The Specialist, Computer Support is responsible for technology implementation, maintenance, and resolution of technology issues for all users in the Washington DC office.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Work closely with the Office Administration and Technology Manager (OATM) of DC to address all technology issues for users in the DC office.
- Investigate, troubleshoot, and resolve first and second level software, hardware, system and user problems in a timely manner
- As backup to the OATM, routinely perform various user, equipment and software tasks, e.g., setting up workstations, installing/building printer queues, laptop setup and some server tasks. Respond and attend to ad hoc requests
- Using special permissions granted to local office support staff, address higher-level user and system issues
- On an ongoing basis, identify and suggest to the OATM additional permissions/access for consideration to enable the local office computer support to resolve problems locally without escalating to NY Information Systems
- Act as backup to OATM to maintain and be able to assist with telecommunication systems, servers and switch monitoring and maintenance including programming phones, configuring voicemail and quarterly maintenance
- Work with OATM and relevant team in NY to maintain equipment inventory records and status
- Participate in software and hardware rollouts/upgrades including planning, testing, scheduling, pilot testing, solicitation of user feedback and compilation of same, training, support, monitoring, etc.
- Provide multimedia services including setup, training, support and monitoring of audiovisual equipment for both internal and external party conferences and conduct weekly testing of audiovisual equipment
- Interface and maintain effective communication with other Support, Training, Systems, Servers, Telecommunications, Multimedia, and local Business Services staff
- Utilize Ivanti Service Manager to enter and track tickets for all user requests initiated by or escalated to the local Washington Support queue. Escalate problems/tickets to the appropriate individual(s) or department(s) based on established guidelines and procedures via Call Logging program
- On request, provide Status/Activity Reports to the Chief Information Officer
- Take the lead for handling vendor activities, involving the OATM and the relevant persons in NY as needed. Solicit, evaluate and process vendor proposals for purchases of hardware, software and technical services to assure adherence to technical specifications and firm wide standards
- Isolate recurring technical or training issues in order to proactively address lawyer and staff problems
- Recommend improved Support methods aimed at increasing Support’s efficiency and productivity
- Recommend and initiate projects to meet or exceed business requirements. Identify and investigate new technologies that will improve lawyer productivity
- Acquire and maintain current knowledge of relevant product offerings and support policies to provide technically accurate solutions to users
- Attend ongoing training programs to keep technical skills sharp
- Conduct formal and informal training for new and existing users in Washington DC in accordance with NY training standards and materials
- In some of our location offices, the Computer Support Specialist will work with various lawyer practice groups on an ad hoc basis, e.g. Litigation Technical Services, prepping trial hardware including: Setting up Elmos, projectors, screens, work stations, printers, scanners, workgroups, etc.
- Installation and administration of the following software: Livenote, Casemap, Compulaw, and Concordance
- Ability to work well with the DC Office Technology Manager and collaboratively with other offices and business services staff.
- Demonstrate strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills are required
- Be attentive and responsive to addressing urgent user and system issues. Work and communicate effectively with NY Information Systems as appropriate to resolve these issues
- Possess excellent interpersonal skills to communicate with all levels of lawyers and business services staff
- Possess strong business/technical oral and written communication skills
- Possess thorough understanding of the Help Desk process and call tracking system
- Strong working knowledge of the Firm’s operating systems, software and hardware
- Ability to solve complex problems by gathering facts and applying detailed troubleshooting techniques, multitask and prioritize workload along with project assignments
- Provide weekend and after-hours support, onsite as needed, related to building and maintenance requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science is desired
- Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in an Information Technology environment
- Strong technical aptitude and working knowledge of MS Windows, MS Office 2016, MS Office 365, Document Management Systems, Server/ Desktop & trouble ticket software technologies is essential
- Strong working knowledge of laptops, PDA & Mobile/Smart phones technologies, network concepts and IP Telephony is required
- Solid working knowledge of general computer/server hardware and software configuration is necessary
Commensurate with experience
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email