Manager, Business Development – Finance
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (additional hours as required).
The Business Development team supports the firm across a broad spectrum of new business and client relationship-building activities, including the creation of new business proposals and firm marketing materials, upkeep of the databases that track firm experience and client information, competitive and market intelligence, and coordination of client events.
The Coordinator, Business Development – Finance is an integral part of the team, assisting the Manager, Business Development – Finance and working closely with practice leadership, the Finance Client & Practice Development and Practice Resource teams, and operational teams across the firm (e.g., PR & Communications, Digital Marketing, Events, Accounting) on a variety of marketing and business development activities.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Finance practice: Develop a deep understanding of our Finance practice, attorney specialties, clients and specific business development and marketing needs. Assist in collaborating with attorneys and the Finance Client & Practice Development and Practice Resource teams on the creation and implementation of strategic business initiatives.
- Market intelligence: Assist in leveraging relevant industry research and news databases and resources (e.g., S&P Capital IQ, Refinitiv, Bloomberg, Pitchbook, Debtwire, Preqin, Leveraged Commentary & Data (LCD)) to monitor, research and report on market trends and insights, competitor activity, and existing and prospective client developments. Assist in identifying opportunities for attorney outreach and engagement. Assist Finance Client & Practice Development and Practice Resource teams and operational teams across the firm on preparation of regular industry and practice update presentations.
- League tables & deal tracking: Assist in managing league table process and building relationships with each organization to ensure effective and timely submission. Assist in managing deal database and tracking matters for marketing and business development purposes through available Finance-specific and firm-wide information systems. Assist in preparing tombstones and deal lists for each area of focus, as well as specific geographies and industries in connection with various business development opportunities.
- Profile-raising: Assist in liaising with relevant external industry/market organizations and publications and the firm’s PR & Communications team to proactively identify and secure article placement, speaking opportunities, conference sponsorships, webinars, and other visibility initiatives for attorneys.
- Collateral: Assist in managing and preparing content for targeted presentations, proposals, and pitch materials. Assist in reviewing and updating print and digital marketing materials to ensure content reflects substantive strengths, accomplishments, and current activities. Assist in managing practice and attorney bios, DavisPolk.com Finance page and LinkedIn strategy.
- Directory submissions: Assist in the drafting and submission of content for numerous legal directories, awards, and related industry guides (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR1000).
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Ability to maintain professional composure in high-pressure situations and a fast-paced, multi-authority environment
- Highly motivated, responsive and conscientious, with a commitment to delivering excellent client service
- A sharp eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Bachelor’s degree required (Finance or Marketing preferred)
- Minimum one year of law firm or other professional services firm experience preferred
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000 - $80,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email