Manager, Business Development – FIG
Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (additional hours as required).
The Business Development team supports the firm across a broad spectrum of new business and client relationship-building activities, including the creation of new business proposals and firm marketing materials, upkeep of the databases that track firm experience and client information, competitive and market intelligence, and coordination of client events.
The Coordinator, Business Development – FIG will work closely with the Manager, Business Development – FIG on a variety of marketing and business development activities for Davis Polk’s Financial Institutions Group (FIG).
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Assist the Manager with preparation of presentations, RFPs and pitch materials
- Maintaining deal database for precedent, marketing, and business development purposes
- Preparing deal lists in connection with various business development opportunities
- Assist the Manager with updating print and digital marketing materials
- Drafting and submission of content for numerous league tables, legal directories, awards and related industry guides (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR)
- Conducting research on existing / prospective clients and competitor activity
- Preparation of internal and external deal announcements
- Assisting the Manager on article placement, speaking opportunities, conference sponsorships, webinars, and other visibility initiatives
- Maintaining and updating practice mailing lists for targeted client and prospect mailings
- Assisting the Manager with management of practice group digital properties and social media presence
- Assist with tracking relevant press and market developments
- Familiarity with financial institutions industry and financial regulatory environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and database skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects while staying on deadline
- Strong PowerPoint skills
- Experience with legal research / legal news databases and resources (e.g., FINRA, Federal Reserve, S&P Capital IQ, Refinitiv, SEC/EDGAR)
- Experience with InterAction or another CRM programs
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or finance preferred
- Previous experience in the legal and/or professional/financial services industry, preferably with a focus on business development
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000–$80,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email