Senior Manager, Events
Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (additional hours as required).
The Business Development team supports the firm across a broad spectrum of new business and client relationship-building activities, including the creation of new business proposals and firm marketing materials, upkeep of the databases that track firm experience and client information, competitive and market intelligence, and coordination of client events.
The Coordinator, Events works with the Events team to showcase the firm’s expertise through a variety of networking, partnering and client appreciation events.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Plan and coordinate all logistics related to Firm-sponsored events including conferences, seminars, roundtables, dinners, receptions and activity-based events for clients/prospective clients and lawyers. This includes overseeing all aspects and logistics of the event such as site selection, contract negotiation, menu selection, audio visual, development of invitee lists, management of the invitation process, event materials, onsite staffing and logistics, transportation, and post-event follow-up.
- Develop working relationships with venues, event contacts and site vendors.
- Oversee the client and lawyer holiday gift programs, gift sourcing and distribution of firm gifts.
- Assist with coordination of client and internal gifting and corresponding activity tracking.
- Research appropriate venues at various locations, primarily in New York City.
- Maintain venue database, firm-wide events calendars and spreadsheets.
- Selection and booking of appropriate venues, obtaining contracts, coordinate menu selection, relevant details and venue decor.
- Execute electronic invitation development, invitee and mailing lists, and track RSVPs.
- Assist with on-site event coordination and post-event follow-up as necessary.
- Assist team with allocating tickets and menu selection for luxury suites at various arenas/stadiums.
- Coordinate logistics with internal Conference Services Department including room and food set-ups, AV, coat check, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent oral and written communication skills, and research abilities are fundamental.
- A proactive self-starter, able to accept direction and work collaboratively on a team, with individuals in all roles within the organization, as well as independently as needed.
- Very strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to handle and prioritize multiple projects and deadlines.
- Highly motivated and conscientious, with a strong interest in learning and participating in ways beyond the immediate job description.
- Extremely professional demeanor and possessing good judgment in time sensitive situations.
- Must be available and flexible to work overtime and evenings when needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Knowledge of InterAction and Vuture preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
- At least two years’ experience (excluding internships) in event planning or relevant professional environment required.
- Law firm and/or financial or professional services experience is preferred.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $70,000–$85,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email