Career Development Manager
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am to 5:30 pm (additional hours as required)
The Career Coach, Career Development contributes to and continues to grow the career development program’s career coaching services for current firm lawyers and alumni.
- Join a robust and innovative career development program for current lawyers and alumni that includes individualized career coaching and advising, job search assistance, career development training, informational programming, career-related materials and other events.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Build trusted advisor relationships with and provide support to current lawyers and alumni through one-on-one career coaching sessions (e.g., career planning and strategizing, goal-setting, individualized networking strategizing, job search support, interview preparation, resume review, practice interviews, support during the “offer stage” etc.).
- As a key member of the career development team, develop and maintain relationships with Davis Polk lawyers, alumni, recruiters and clients to solicit information about current and future job openings and facilitate connections when appropriate.
- Support the Career Development Manager with the expansion and enhancement of the program’s written materials and resources, as well as programming offerings, video resources, etc.
- Stay up-to-date and report on regional job markets across industries and on general trends in corporate, nonprofit and government sectors for legal and JD-advantage positions.
- Assist with tracking career development program analytics and identifying key takeaways.
- Ability to inspire trust and exercise discretion, confidentiality and exemplary judgment.
- Superior interpersonal and communication (oral and written) skills.
- Empathetic listener and creative problem-solver.
- Strong organizational and project management skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain executive credibility and presence.
- Highly professional demeanor and self-directed approach to work.
- Demonstrate strategic business acumen and analytical mindset.
- Ability to take initiative and work independently, as well as collaborate with others and work well in a team.
- Coaching or counseling experience required.
- JD required.
- Minimum of five years’ experience in the legal, professional services, higher education or recruiting and executive search industry.
- Lawyer- or JD-focused advising and legal career services experience strongly preferred.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint required.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $170,000–$225,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.