Manager, Business Development – Capital Markets
Monday through Friday, 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (additional hours as required).
The Business Development team supports the firm across a broad spectrum of new business and client relationship-building activities, including the creation of new business proposals and firm marketing materials, upkeep of the databases that track firm experience and client information, competitive and market intelligence, and coordination of client events.
The Analyst, Business Development – Capital Markets is an integral part of the team and assists the Manager, Business Development – Capital Markets on a variety of marketing and business development activities.
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Strategic management and review of content development for targeted presentations, proposals and pitch materials
- Manage complex pitch requests and RFPs
- Manage client coverage responsibilities/activities
- Collaborate with attorneys and internal PR team to proactively identify and secure article placement, speaking opportunities, conference sponsorships, webinars, and other visibility initiatives
- Manage league table process/relationships to ensure effective and timely submission
- Maintain matter databases for precedent, marketing and business development purposes
- Monitor existing and prospective clients, competitor activity and market trends / opportunities
- Assist attorneys with creation and execution of client development plans and strategic initiatives
- Initiate and coordinate client events and training programs (CLE)
- Manage the drafting and submission of content for numerous legal directories, awards and related industry guides (e.g., Chambers, Legal 500, IFLR)
- Manage print and digital marketing materials to ensure content reflects substantive strengths, accomplishments and current activities
- Knowledge of, and experience with, corporate finance (capital markets, restructuring, bank lending and/or mergers and acquisitions)
- Experience with legal-research / legal-news databases and resources (S&P Capital IQ, Refinitiv, DealPointData)
- A proactive self-starter, able to accept direction and work collaboratively on a team as well as independently as needed
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to work confidently and collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization
- Highly motivated and conscientious, with a strong interest in learning and participating in ways beyond the immediate job description
- A sharp eye for detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel, Word)
- Experience with InterAction or another CRM programs
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Business or Marketing preferred
- Minimum two years of law firm or other professional services firm experience preferred
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $90,000–$110,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email