Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (including its associated entities) is an elite global law firm with world-class practices across the board. Clients know they can rely on us for their most challenging legal and business matters. From offices in the world’s key financial centers and political capitals, our more than 1,000 lawyers collaborate seamlessly to deliver exceptional service, sophisticated advice and creative, practical solutions.
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (overtime as required).
The Assistant, Benefits, provides administrative, technical and organization support to the Benefits Department.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Provide general administrative, technical and organizational support to the Benefits Department.
- Create, format, edit, copy and scan data as requested.
- Responsible for Benefits Hotline and Benefits general email coverage.
- Professionally answer and place telephone calls; take accurate and complete messages and direct inquiries appropriately.
- Assist Benefits Department by reading, researching, reviewing, verifying, and routing correspondence, reports; drafting letters and documents; collecting and analyzing information; initiating telecommunications; organizing client and internal conferences, meetings; scheduling couriers, special functions; coordinating preparation of charts, graphs, and other visuals; preparing expense reports.
- Organize and track new partner paperwork
- Send and process waiver forms for eligible new hires to opt out of NY PFL coverage
- Termination reporting / offboarding.
- Prepare and mail Cigna outstanding check memos.
- Prepare and process monthly billing invoices
- Assist with administration of retiree healthcare and partner trusts.
- Assist with the Coordination of benefits orientation, i.e., update and maintain orientation materials; schedule orientation sessions; send orientation packets to eligible new hires and employees transferring to and from a firm office outside the U.S.; process benefits forms.
- Submit vendor invoices to Accounts Payable and mail checks to vendors as requested.
- Responsible for department filing.
- Ensure operation of equipment by keeping equipment fully functioning and reporting need for any repairs or problems.
- Review electronic and physical mail and other correspondence on a daily basis.
- Ad hoc projects.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested for successful operation of the department.
Qualifications / Position Requirements
- Ability to follow up and see a task through completion, proven problem solving skills.
- Must be able to multi-task by accepting and prioritizing numerous requests; delegating accordingly.
- Must demonstrate consistent initiative, leadership and collaboration skills to succeed and work in a team environment.
- Must be punctual and reliable; professional and dependable.
- Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook is required.
- Must demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills in order to communicate and follow instructions to effectively provide optimum support to a diverse group.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Maintain client confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Represent management by communicating and obtaining information; following-up on delegated assignments; knowing when to act and when to refer matters accordingly.
- Update job knowledge by participating in internal training opportunities.
- Enhance department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Ability to proofread typed material for typographical, spelling and grammatical errors.
- Ability to operate office machinery as needed.
- Flexibility in daily schedule to accommodate unexpected situations arising from departmental needs.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, minimum of 1 year related experience
- Experience with Workday preferred.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $60,000 - $70,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email