Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP (including its associated entities) is an elite global law firm with world-class practices across the board. Clients know they can rely on us for their most challenging legal and business matters. From offices in the world’s key financial centers and political capitals, our more than 1,000 lawyers collaborate seamlessly to deliver exceptional service, sophisticated advice and creative, practical solutions.
Accounting, Staff Accountant
Accounting Manager & Assistant Controller
Monday through Friday, 9:30 am – 5:30 pm (overtime as required)
The Staff Accountant will assist with the cash management and analysis for the Accounting department.
Essentials Duties and Responsibilities
Typical responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Analyze and reconcile main operating bank accounts.
- Record daily cash investment and redemption.
- Handle all external government reporting
- Prepare journal entries and analyze monthly results.
- Prepare balance sheet analysis and reconcile intercompany accounts.
- Prepare monthly analysis of Flik and record monthly accrual entry.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Assist in monthly translation of general ledger.
- Prepare monthly analysis of Cigna funding and claims.
- Prepare weekly cash flow forecast.
- Special projects as assigned.
- Ad-hoc reporting as needed.
Qualifications / Position Requirements
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication and writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including advanced Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of Aderant and Oracle software a plus.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to prioritize and meet conflicting deadlines.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or related field.
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar position in a public or private firm.
The expected base salary for this position ranges from $60,000 - $70,000. Salary offers are based on a wide range of factors including relevant skills, training, experience, education, and, where applicable, licensure or certifications obtained. Market and organizational factors are also considered. Davis Polk offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
To apply, please email a resume and cover letter.Apply by email