Our Asia litigation, enforcement and compliance practice is highly regarded, and we have one of the largest dedicated teams of litigation lawyers on the ground in Hong Kong.
Our core areas of practice include:
- Government and Internal Investigations
- Dispute resolution
- Commercial litigation
- International arbitration
- Corporate governance
- Transactional due diligence
- Compliance advice
Clients of the practice include leading financial institutions, asset managers, private equity houses, hedge funds, listed companies, multinational corporates and professional services firms.
Our Asia litigation and enforcement lawyers work seamlessly with our U.S. team, giving us a global perspective that few can match. We are highly regarded in the United States for litigation, regulatory enforcement, white collar crime and internal investigations.
Our key credentials:
- Local experience. Hong Kong partners Martin Rogers, James Wadham and Karen Chan have extensive experience advising on major investigations, disciplinary and enforcement proceedings, and disputes across Asia.
- U.S. law capability. Anchored by former U.S. federal prosecutor Patrick Sinclair, our Asia team consists of nine lawyers (including five Mandarin-speakers) and provides advice on anti-corruption, securities fraud, AML and sanctions issues in respect of internal investigations, regulatory inquiries, ongoing compliance and major corporate transactions.
- Experience throughout Asia. We have extensive experience in dealing with investment disputes and regulatory investigations throughout Asia, including Mainland China, India, Japan, Korea, Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan and the Philippines.
- Risk avoidance. We work closely with Davis Polk’s corporate partners in proactively identifying, advising on and mitigating litigation and enforcement risk on our client’s transactional work, including planning and executing robust due diligence procedures.