Many of our lawyers volunteer their time and talents to community organizations of all types – from bar associations to educational and religious organizations. We are proud to have lawyers who support civic and charitable matters that reflect our culture and commitment to the community.
We strive to involve our people in community engagement activities that make a positive impact on the communities where we work and live. For example, every year our lawyers act as mentors to high school students. We have mentored hundreds of students since the program began in 1993. Several members of the firm participate in the CARE (Credit Abuse Resistance Education) Program, a volunteer opportunity to go into New York City public high schools and teach a 50-minute course on personal financial responsibility and the dangers of credit and credit cards.
In addition, several of our partners and associates serve or have served on the boards of public service organizations, including:
- Advocates for Children
- Brooklyn Legal Services Corporation A
- Congressional Hunger Center
- Correctional Association
- Gay Men's Health Crisis
- Hour Children
- Lawyers Alliance for New York
- Lawyers’ Committee for Civil Rights Under Law
- The Legal Aid Society
- New York Lawyers for the Public Interest
- Sanctuary for Families’ Center for Battered Women’s Legal Services
- Volunteer Lawyers for the Arts
- Volunteers of Legal Service