We provide advice on real estate matters to a wide range of clients. From mergers and acquisitions for commercial real estate and hotel companies, to the purchase, sale and refinancing of large office buildings, industrial properties and shopping centers, we are at the center of the real estate marketplace. In addition, we counsel domestic and foreign individuals and companies on secured lending transactions, public and private securities offerings, project financings, bankruptcies and restructurings that contain significant real estate components.
Our regular clients in this industry have included advising major financial institutions and corporations on their real estate-related transactions:
- AP2 (Kingdom of Sweden Real Estate Fund)
- Barclays Bank
- BR Malls Participações
- BR Properties
- Dalian Wanda
- Guggenheim Partners
- Host Hotels & Resorts
- InterContinental Hotels Group
- Longfor Properties
- Nightingale-Bamford School
- Riverstone Partners
- Strategic Bank Group
- Universal Parks/NBC
- von Finck Family Real Estate Holdings
We have advised on some of the industry’s most high-profile transactions. View our recent experience in:
- Corporación Inmobiliaria Vesta (Vesta) ($255 million). We advised Corporación Inmobiliaria Vesta, S.A.B. de C.V. (Vesta) on its $255 million Rule 144A/Regulation S IPO of shares. Vesta is a leading pure-play developer, owner and operator of industrial real estate properties in Mexico.
- BR Malls Participações ($779 million). We advised BR Malls Participações S.A. on both $400 million and $379 million Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of GDSs and common stock. BR Malls Participações S.A. is one of the main commercial real estate investment companies in Brazil.
- Kennedy-Wilson Holdings ($172 million). We advised the underwriters on both $106 million and a $66 million SEC-registered offerings of common stock of Kennedy-Wilson Holdings, an international real estate investment and services firm.
- BR Properties (523 million). We advised BR Properties on its $523 million Rule 144A/Regulation S IPO of common stock. BR Properties is one of the main commercial real estate investment companies in Brazil.
- Shui On Land Limited ($1.59 billion). We advised the underwriters on several Regulation S offerings of notes by Shui On Development (Singapore) Limited, Shui On Development (Holding) Limited and Shui On Land Limited in the total aggregate value of $1.59 billion since 2011. Shui On Land Limited is one of the leading property developers in China with a focus on large scale city core and integrated residential development projects.
- Evergrande Real Estate Group ($1.4 billion). We advised the initial purchaser on a RMB9.25 billion ($1.4 billion) Regulation S offering of high-yield notes by Evergrande Real Estate Group, one of the largest developers of residential property projects in China. This is the largest-ever high-yield debt offering by an Asian issuer.
- SOHO China Limited ($1 billion). We advised the initial purchasers on a $1 billion Regulation S offering of senior notes by SOHO China Limited, a leading PRC commercial property developer primarily focused on the development and sale of prime office properties and complementary retail and high-end residential and hotel properties in Beijing and Shanghai.
- KWG Property Holding Limited ($1 billion). We advised the underwriters on several Rule 144A/Regulation S offerings of high-yield notes by KWG Property Holding Limited in the total aggregate value of $1 billion. KWG Property Holding is a leading privately owned property developer in China.
- Wyndham Worldwide Corporation ($950 million). We advised the underwriters on both $800 million and $150 million SEC-registered offerings of senior unsecured notes of Wyndham Worldwide Corporation, a company that offers individual consumers and business-to-business customers a broad suite of hospitality products and services.
- K. Hovnanian Enterprises ($965 million). We advised the underwriters on several SEC-registered offerings of high-yield notes of K. Hovnanian Enterprises in the aggregate value of $965 million since 2011. K. Hovnanian Enterprises is one of the nation’s largest builders of residential homes.
- Dalian Wanda. We advised Dalian Wanda, a Chinese real estate conglomerate, on its approximately $2.6 billion acquisition of AMC Entertainment, a Kansas City, Missouri-based movie theater company.
- Host Hotels & Resorts. We advised Host Hotels & Resorts on its $313.5 million acquisition of the New York Helmsley Hotel, a 775-room luxury hotel in Midtown Manhattan, from The Leona M. and Harry B. Helmsley Charitable Trust and Harley of New York Associates.
- The White House. We advised the White House on the sale of Governors Island to the Governors Island Preservation and Education Corporation, and the transfer of the Governors Island National Monument area from the National Trust for Historic Preservation to the National Park Service.
- Second Swedish National Pension Fund. We advised the Second Swedish National Pension Fudn, Andra AP-fonden (AP2) on its investment in a $1.8 billion portfolio of commercial office buildings jointly owned by the South Korean National Pension Fund, affiliates of Tishman Speyer and the Government of Singapore Investment Corporation.
- Stockbridge Real Estate Funds. We advised the Stockbridge Real Estate Funds, a series of real estate investment funds with aggregate capital commitments of institutional investors in excess of $2 billion.