Thomas J. Reid
Mr. Reid is the Managing Partner of Davis Polk.
He became a partner in 1995. In 2000, Mr. Reid became a managing director in the Investment Banking Division of Morgan Stanley and rejoined the partnership of Davis Polk in 2003. His practice spans capital markets, mergers and acquisitions and financial regulation and corporate governance. In those fields, he has acted for global banks, blue chip companies and financial intermediaries to provide legal advice and judgment on some of the most significant legal issues and matters in the United States, Europe and Asia.
Clients: ARM, AstraZeneca, Cairn India, Citigroup, Comcast, Intercontinental Hotels, Kinnevik, L-Brands, Millicom, Morgan Stanley, Novo Nordisk, Royal Bank of Scotland, Royal Dutch Shell Audit Committee, Telia Sonera, Tele 2 and The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Mr. Reid is recognized as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers, Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Merger & Acquisition Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Corporate Governance Lawyers
- Trustee and Secretary, The Morgan Library & Museum
- Managing Partner, 2011-present
- Head of Corporate, 2008-2011
- Partner, Davis Polk, 1995-2000; 2003-present
- Managing Director, Investment Banking Division, Morgan Stanley, 2000-2003
- Associate, 1987-1995