Mr. Graulich is a partner in Davis Polk’s Insolvency and Restructuring Group. He has substantial experience in a broad range of domestic and international restructurings, including the representation of public and private companies, agent banks and lenders, acquirers and hedge funds in connection with pre-packaged and traditional bankruptcies, out-of-court workouts, DIP and exit financings, bankruptcy litigation and Section 363 sales.
Mr. Graulich was counsel to:
- The joint administrators of Lehman Brothers International (Europe) in connection with more than $10 billion of claims against Lehman Brothers Inc. in the largest SIPC case in history
- The Foreign Representative of Elpida Memory, Inc. in connection with its Chapter 15 case
- Citibank in connection with the litigation of the assumption of AAdvantage Program agreements
- Cantor Fitzgerald Securities as prepetition and DIP agent to Sbarro Inc.
- Barclays in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of $2.2 billion of debt issued by Highland Hospitality
- Morgan Stanley in connection with the out-of-court restructuring of MS Resorts
- Bank of America in connection with various exposures to CIT Group, including as agent with respect to a $500 million exit letter of credit facility
- Bank of America in connection with the out-of-court restructurings of Georgia Gulf and Fountainebleu Miami
- Citibank, as agent, in Lyondell, including advising with regard to the largest private DIP financing ($8.5 billion) in U.S. history
- Barclays and Silver Point Capital in connection with the backstop of a $355 million equity rights offering to finance Cooper-Standard Automotive’s emergence from Chapter 11
- Wachovia, as agent, for DIP loan to WCI Communities
- Credit Suisse, as agent, in Owens Corning, including advising with regard to substantive consolidation, the successful resolution of which resulted in a lender recovery of over 165% of par
- Star Tribune in its Chapter 11 case
- Delta Air Lines in connection with litigation with Mesa Air Group
- Delta Air Lines in one of the largest and most successful Chapter 11 restructurings in U.S. history
- Frontier Airlines in its Chapter 11 case
- Counsel to, among others, Adelphia Business Solutions, Acterna Corporation, Sunbeam Corporation and St. Vincent’s Medical Center in their respective Chapter 11 cases
- Has represented senior credit facility administrative agents in a number of other high-profile restructurings
- Has represented asset purchasers and sellers in connection with in-court and out-of-court asset sales
- Has worked on a number of general financing matters, representing borrowers, agent banks and creditors
Mr. Graulich is recognized as a leader in his field by New York Super Lawyers 2013.
- Author of numerous articles, including "Substantive Consolidation – A Post-Modern Trend," 14 Am. Bankr Inst. L. Rev. 1 (2006)
- Partner, 2009-present
- Counsel, Davis Polk, 2006-2009
- Associate, Weil, Gotshal & Manges, 2001-2006
Using Chapter 15 to Implement Foreign Reorganization Plans in the U.S.
Corporate Restructuring and Bankruptcy | New York Law Journal, December 2, 2013
Recognition and Comity in Cross-border Insolvency Proceedings
Chapter 1 and Chapter 26 (United States) | The International Insolvency Review 2013
A Practitioner's Guide to Prepackaged Bankruptcy: A Primer | American Bankruptcy Institute