Richard J. Sandler
Mr. Sandler is a leader of the firm’s global capital markets and corporate governance practices. He regularly advises on all aspects of corporate governance and private securities offerings, including initial public offerings, high-yield debt securities, spinoffs, restructurings and exchange offers.
He served in Davis Polk’s Paris office from 1982 to 1985.
He also serves on the board of directors of The Doe Fund, a nonprofit organization that provides paid transitional work, housing, educational opportunities, counseling and career training to veterans and others with histories of homelessness and incarceration.
- Recognized as a “BTI Client Service All-Star” in a BTI Consulting Group survey of corporate counsel at Fortune 1000 organizations
- Listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Band 1, USA: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Chambers Global 2014
- Band 1, Nationwide: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Chambers USA 2012-2014
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- IFLR1000: The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms
- Legal Media Group’s Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers: Best of the Best; Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Structured Finance and Securitization Lawyers; and Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers
- American Lawyer Media’s Corporate Counsel: Best Lawyers in Corporate, Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities Law
- Practical Law Company’s Cross-border Finance: Secured Lending Handbook and Cross-border Capital Markets Handbook
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Capital Markets Lawyers
Articles and Books
Corporate Governance Practices in IPOs | Corporate Governance Advisor, July/August 2014
Corporate Governance Practices in US Initial Public Offerings | Director Notes, April 2014, The Conference Board
Tough Tone at the Top of the SEC
Financial Fraud Law Report | Matthew Bender & Company, Inc.