Mr. Mollerus is a member of Davis Polk’s Tax Department. His practice centers on advice to corporate and private equity fund clients on mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs and other major transactions, including structured financings.
Mr. Mollerus has advised:
SS&C Technologies in its acquisitions of Advent Software, Citigroup’s Alternative Investor Services business and Primatics Financial
Emerson in connection with its announced spinoff of its Network Power business
Reckitt Benckiser in connection with the tax-free demerger of its pharmaceuticals business
- Shire in connection with numerous matters, including its proposed transaction with AbbVie
- Warner Chilcott in connection with numerous matters, including its acquisition by Actavis
- Roche in connection with numerous acquisitions, including its acquisitions of Genentech and InterMune
- Morgan Stanley in connection with numerous matters, including its pending sale of its physical oil trading business to Rosneft, its sale of its interest in TransMontaigne, its spinoff of Discover and its disposition of MSCI
- MSCI in connection with its IPO and various financings and acquisitions
- Kosmos Energy in connection with its IPO and various financings
- Cobalt International Energy in connection with its IPO and various financings
- Ally Financial in connection with its IPO and various financings
- Delphi Automotive in connection with its IPO and various financings
- Markit in connection with its IPO
- Named a "Tax MVP of the Year" – Law360 2014
- Listed as a leading lawyer in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business and Legalease’s Tax Directors Handbook.
Mr. Mollerus is a frequent speaker on topics relating to corporate, partnership, real estate and international taxation.
- Partner, 1997-present
- Associate, 1990-1997
- London office, 1992-1994
- Washington DC office, 1990-1992; 1994-1995
- Law Clerk, Hon. Anthony M. Kennedy, U.S. Supreme Court, 1989-1990
- Law Clerk, Hon. Jerry E. Smith, U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 1988-1989