Mark M. Mendez
Mr. Mendez is a partner in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Derivatives and Structured Products Group. He advises investment banks, corporations and hedge funds in the structuring, negotiation and execution of high-yield debt, affiliate margin loans, equity derivatives and other structured financial products, including over-the-counter derivative products, registered and Rule 144A mandatory and optional convertible securities and variance and correlation swaps.
- Synovus Financial Corp. on SEC-registered offering of 13,800,000 Tangible Equity Units, or “tMEDS,” for gross proceeds of $345 million
- Barclays Capital Inc. and RBS Securities Inc. as lead bookrunners on a Rule 144A offering by Telvent GIT, S.A. of $200 million aggregate principal amount of 5.5% senior subordinated convertible notes due 2015
- J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. as sole book-running manager and representative of the initial purchasers on a Rule 144A offering by Knight Capital Group of $325 million 3.50% cash-convertible senior subordinated notes due 2015
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, National Association, London Branch and Deutsche Bank, AG., London Branch as counterparties to call-spread transactions with Knight Capital Group in connection with the cash convertible senior subordinated notes offering described above
- Westar Energy, Inc. in connection with an SEC-registered forward dribble-out offering of its common stock for up to an aggregate amount of $500 million
- Ford Motor Company in connection with the SEC-registered offering by the UAW of 362 million warrants, each to purchase one share of common stock, for aggregate proceeds of $1.8 billion
- J.P. Morgan Securities Inc. as sole book-running manager on a $208.7 million SEC-registered offering by Umpqua Holdings Corporation of 18,975,000 depositary shares, representing interests in Series B common stock equivalent
- Ford Motor Company in connection with the SEC-registered offering $2.875 billion aggregate principal amount of 4.25% senior convertible notes due 2016
- Ford Motor Company in connection with the negotiation and modification of the class action settlement agreement with the UAW and related issuance of a $6.7 billion amortizing guaranteed secured note due 2022, a $6.5 billion stock-settleable amortizing guaranteed secured note due 2022 and warrants to purchase 362 million shares of Ford common stock
Mr. Mendez is recognized as a leading lawyer in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business.
- Partner, 2007-present
- Associate, 2000-2007
- Law Clerk, Hon. Jane R. Roth, U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit, 1999-2000