Mr. Landa is a partner in Davis Polk’s Investment Management/Private Funds Group. He advises a wide range of clients on the development, formation, marketing and operation of private investment funds, including private equity funds, hedge funds, hybrid funds, real estate funds, secondary funds, funds of funds, fund and advisory platforms and asset allocation products. He also regularly provides regulatory and compliance advice to his private fund clients.
He advises fund managers on compensation and profit sharing arrangements. He also advises on structuring and executing private equity, structured equity and public market transactions as well as acquisitions of investment advisers.
Mr. Landa also represents several large institutional investors that invest in private funds.
Representative private fund clients have included Strategic Partners, Credit Suisse, Avenue Capital, Oaktree Capital, Mudrick Capital, Hitchwood Capital, Perella Weinberg Partners, Royal Capital, Reverence Capital, Scopus Asset Management, Citadel, Fore Research, Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan.
Mr. Landa is recognized as a leading fund formation lawyer in various industry publications:
- Chambers Global
- Chambers USA
- IFLR’s Guide to the World’s Leading Private Equity Lawyers and the IFLR1000
- The Legal 500 U.S.
- Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Private Funds Lawyers and International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers
- Expert Guides:
- World’s Leading Private Equity Lawyers
- World’s Leading Investment Funds Lawyers
- Best of the Best USA
- Co-author of Advising Private Funds: A Comprehensive Guide to Representing Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Their Advisers, West (2010-2014 eds.)
- Speaks regularly as a panelist on a variety of private fund topics
- Trustee, Congregation Kehilath Jeshurun
- Director, Lawyers Alliance for New York
- Member, Committee on Private Investment Funds, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Private Investment Funds Forum
- Partner, 2005-present
- Associate, 1998-2005
- Law Clerk, Hon. Senior Judges' Chambers, District of Columbia Court of Appeals, 1997-1998
Articles and Books
Advising Private Funds: A Comprehensive Guide to Representing Hedge Funds, Private Equity Funds and Their Advisers | West
The Davis Polk Financial Crisis Manual
A Guide to the Laws, Regulations and Contracts of the Financial Crisis