Kathleen L. Ferrell
Ms. Ferrell is a member of Davis Polk’s Tax Department. Her business transactions practice centers on advice to corporate and private equity fund clients on mergers, acquisitions, spinoffs and other major corporate transactions. She also advises clients on joint ventures, bankruptcy, reorganizations, workouts and tax legislative and administrative matters.
She served in the Treasury Department’s Office of Tax Policy from 1987 to 1990, as an Attorney-Adviser in the Office of Tax Legislative Counsel and as the Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of Tax Policy.
Listed as a leading tax lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Practical Law Company’s Cross-border Tax on Corporate Transactions Handbook
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Business Lawyers and Who’s Who Legal–International Who’s Who of Corporate Tax Lawyers
- American Lawyer Media’s Corporate Counsel: Best Lawyers Annual Guide to Tax Law
- Legalease’s Tax Directors Handbook
- Frequent speaker on M&A tax topics
- Member, Executive Committee, Taxation Section, New York State Bar Association
- Partner, 1997-present
- Associate, Davis Polk, 1990-1997
- Attorney-Adviser, Office of Tax Legislative Counsel; Special Assistant to the Assistant Secretary of Tax Policy, Treasury Department’s Office of Tax Policy, 1987-1990
- Law Clerk, Hon. Andrew A. Caffrey, U.S. District Court, Massachusetts, 1981-1982