Gabriel D. Rosenberg
Mr. Rosenberg is an associate in Davis Polk’s Financial Institutions Group. He advises financial institutions, corporations and trade associations on the requirements, impact and implementation of the Dodd-Frank financial reform legislation. In this area, he focuses on the regulatory treatment, trading and clearing of derivatives and the Volcker Rule proprietary trading restrictions.
In his practice, Mr. Rosenberg seeks to use technology to help market participants understand and implement Dodd-Frank. By advancing the Davis Polk Regulatory Tracker and other tools, Mr. Rosenberg has worked closely with major financial institutions to help them employ new technology to closely monitor and refine implementation plans for Dodd-Frank strategic business planning and compliance. Through development of the Dodd-Frank Progress Reports, he has helped the market understand and gauge regulator progress on Dodd-Frank rulemaking through quantitative and graphical analysis.
Before joining the Financial Institutions Group, Mr. Rosenberg completed a rotation in the Capital Markets Group.
Mr. Rosenberg has been actively involved in Dodd-Frank Act analysis and advice, including:
- Frequent advice to clients on the impact and implementation of Dodd-Frank, particularly related to swaps
- Experience at a major asset manager advising on implementation of Dodd-Frank swap clearing requirements and clearinghouse offerings
- Development of the Davis Polk Regulatory Tracker, an online subscription service designed to help market participants, particularly their in-house legal and compliance departments, effectively navigate the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act and the regulatory phase of financial reform
- Analysis of Dodd-Frank rulemaking progress through the Dodd-Frank Rulemaking Progress Report
- Speaking at industry conferences
Co-Editor of OTC Derivatives Regulation Under Dodd-Frank: A Guide to Registration, Reporting, Business Conduct, and Clearing (1st edition, 2014)
- Lecturer, Faculty of UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business, Spring 2014
- Expert, Group of Thirty Report, Enhancing Financial Stability and Resilience: Macroprudential Policy, Tools and Systems for the Future (October 2010)
- Associate, 2009-present