Registered Foreign Lawyer
Ms. Ouyang is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, currently practicing as a Registered Foreign Lawyer in Hong Kong. She was seconded to the legal department of Bank of America Merrill Lynch as in-house legal counsel from October 2012 to January 2013.
- China Kanghui Holdings
- China Ming Yang Wind Power Group Limited, the largest U.S. IPO among China-based companies in 2010
- Taomee Holdings Limited
U.S. Follow-On Offerings
- Sinovac Biotech Ltd.
- CNinsure Inc.
- VanceInfo Technologies Inc.
- RDA Microelectronics, Inc.
Hong Kong Equity Capital Markets Transactions
- Forgame Holdings Limited's Hong Kong IPO
- Nexteer Automotive Group Limited's Hong Kong IPO
- Top Spring International Holdings Limited's Hong Kong IPO
- Represented a major Chinese bank in its proposed Hong Kong IPO
- Represented a China-based insurance intermediary company in its proposed Hong Kong IPO
- Represented a China-based steel manufacturer in its proposed Hong Kong IPO
- During secondment at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, worked on a number of HK IPO transactions and AIG’s block trade to sell down its shares at AIA in 2012 (“Best Block Trade in Year 2012” according to FinancialAsia and “Best Equity Offering” according to AsiaMoney).
- Hopson Development Holdings' $300 million high-yield bond offering
- TransAlta Corporation's $500 million investment-grade debt offering
- During secondment at Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Ms. Ouyang worked on:
- Mizer Enterprise Limited’s U.S. $500 million perpetual bond offering guaranteed by Cheung Kong (Holdings) Limited in 2013
- Powerlong Real Estate Holdings Limited’s U.S. $250 million high-yield bond offering in 2013
- Lotte Shopping Co. Ltd.’s KRW321,200,000,000 U.S. dollar-settled zero coupon exchangeable bond offering in 2013
- Hutchison Whampoa Limited’s US$2 billion investment-grade bond offering in 2012
- Studio City Finance Limited’s U.S. $825 million high-yield bond offering (“Best High Yield Bond Offering in Year 2012" according to FinanceAsia)
- China South City Holding Limited’s US$125 million high-yield bond offering in 2012
- Medium-term notes programs’ update and drawdown and REITs, including Noble Group Limited MTN program, Hong Kong Airport Authority MNT program, Shinhan Bank euro-commercial paper program, Hana Bank MNT program and Champion REIT
Private Equity and M&A
- Represented Booz Allen Hamilton Inc., a major U.S. consulting firm, in the separation of its U.S. government consulting and commercial consulting businesses, the establishment of Booz & Company as an independent global management consulting firm and the $2.54 billion sale of its U.S. government consulting business to The Carlyle Group
- Represented United Mining Co.Ltd., a U.S. subsidiary of Laiwu Steel, Ltd., in its $500 million sale of its mining assets to Cleveland-Cliffs Inc.
Ms. Ouyang is familiar with accounting and finance matters and has passed Level I Chartered Financial Analyst examination.
- Associate, 2011-present
- Associate, Latham & Watkins, 2006-2011
- Journalist, China Central Television and China Radio International