Bruce K. Dallas
A member of Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, Mr. Dallas is a founding partner of the Menlo Park office. He advises on corporate finance, derivatives, SEC disclosure and corporate governance. His transactional work includes initial public offerings (with an emphasis on bio-tech and high-tech companies), high-yield, convertible and straight debt offerings and issuer repurchase programs.
Mr. Dallas has been the primary capital markets partner for Comcast, E*TRADE, Leidos, MASCO, NBCUniversal, Oracle, Roper Industries, Science Applications International Corporation and Texas Instruments. He also regularly represents leading underwriters. Mr. Dallas authored three recent SEC no-action letters, two for Comcast permitting its then 51% subsidiary, NBCUniversal, to be treated as wholly owned for purposes of reduced SEC periodic reporting, one confirming this relief following the acquisition form GE and one for SAIC permitting it to use Rule 14a-16 (Notice and Access) for the pending collapse of its holding company structure.
Masco’s $1.0 billion spinoff of its Installation and other service businesses
An aggregate of $20.4 billion in debt offerings by Comcast, Oracle, Texas Instruments and TTX Company
Initial public offerings by Achaogen, Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Atara Biotherapeutics, Loxo Oncology, Revance Therapeutics and Versartis
Equity offerings by Atara Biotherapeutics, BIND Therapeutics, Endocyte, Esperion Therapeutics, Portola Pharmaceuticals, Revance Therapeutics, Versartis, Xencor and Xenoport
An aggregate of $3.32 billion in convertible notes offerings by Anacor Pharmaceuticals, Brocade Communications Systems, Cepheid, Depomed, Electronics For Imaging, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks and Xenoport
Listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Band 1, California: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Chambers USA, every year since the inaugural issue in 2007
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal: California
- Legal Media Group’s Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers
- Daily Journal’s “Top 100 Lawyers” list for California
- The Legal 500 U.S.
- PLI: Drafting Securities Filings, annually 2010-2015
- Northwestern Law School: 37th and 40th Annual Securities Regulation Institutes
- Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals, 2009 National Conference
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1985-1994
- Law Clerk, Hon. Harry W. Wellford, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1984-1985