Bruce K. Dallas
A member of Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, Mr. Dallas is a founding partner of the Menlo Park office. He advises on corporate finance, derivatives, SEC disclosure and corporate governance. His transactional work includes initial public offerings (with an emphasis on bio-tech and high-tech companies), high-yield, convertible and straight debt offerings and issuer repurchase programs.
Mr. Dallas has been the primary capital markets partner for Comcast, E*TRADE, Leidos, MASCO, NBCUniversal, Oracle, Roper Industries, Science Applications International Corporation and Texas Instruments. He also regularly represents leading underwriters. Mr. Dallas authored three recent SEC no-action letters, two for Comcast permitting its then 51% subsidiary, NBCUniversal, to be treated as wholly owned for purposes of reduced SEC periodic reporting, one confirming this relief following the acquisition form GE and one for SAIC permitting it to use Rule 14a-16 (Notice and Access) for the pending collapse of its holding company structure.
- Comcast’s $16.7 billion acquisition of GE’s interest in NBCUniversal, including the related $4.7 billion of debt and preferred stock financing at the 3(c)(7) investment company exempt issuer, NBCUniversal Enterprise, Inc.
- Comcast’s $45.2 billion pending merger with Time Warner Cable.
- An aggregate of $26 billion in public debt offerings representing Comcast, Masco, NBCUniversal, Oracle, Roper and Texas Instruments
- An aggregate of $1.2 billion in debt exchange offers representing Universal Orlando and SAIC
- An aggregate of $3.1 billion in convertible notes offerings by Cepheid, Depomed, Electronics for Imaging, Horizon Pharma, Infinera, JDS Uniphase, Move Inc., Palo Alto Networks and ServiceNow
Initial public offerings by Achaogen, Adamas Pharmaceuticals, Atara Biotherapeutics, AVG Technologies, BIND Therapeutics, Endocyte, Esperion Therapeutics, Loxo Oncology, Palo Alto Networks, Portola Pharmaceuticals, Revance Therapeutics, Versartis and Xencor
Equity offerings by Affymax, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Endocyte, Esperion Therapeutics, Geron, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Onyx Pharmaceuticals and Xenoport
Listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Band 1, California: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Chambers USA, every year since the inaugural issue in 2007
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal: California
- Legal Media Group’s Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers
- Daily Journal’s “Top 100 Lawyers” list for California
- The Legal 500 U.S.
- PLI: Drafting Securities Filings, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Northwestern Law School: 37th and 40th Annual Securities Regulation Institutes
- Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals, 2009 National Conference
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1985-1994
- Law Clerk, Hon. Harry W. Wellford, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1984-1985