Bruce K. Dallas
A member of Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, Mr. Dallas is a founding partner of the Menlo Park office. He advises on corporate finance, derivatives, SEC disclosure and corporate governance. His transactional work includes initial public offerings (with an emphasis on high-technology and bio-technology companies), high-yield, convertible and straight debt offerings and issuer repurchase programs.
Mr. Dallas has been the primary capital markets partner for Comcast, E*TRADE, MASCO, NBCUniversal, Oracle, Roper Industries, SAIC and Texas Instruments. He also regularly represents leading underwriters. Mr. Dallas authored three recent SEC no-action letters, two for Comcast permitting its then 51% subsidiary, NBCUniversal, to be treated as wholly owned for purposes of reduced SEC periodic reporting, one confirming this relief following the acquisition form GE and one for SAIC permitting it to use Rule 14a-16 (Notice and Access) for the pending collapse of its holding company structure.
- Comcast’s $16.7 billion acquisition of GE’s interest in NBCUniversal, including the related $4.7 billion of debt and preferred stock financing at the 3(c)(7) investment company exempt issuer, NBCUniversal Enterprise, Inc.
- An aggregate of $17.1 billion in public debt offerings representing Comcast, Masco, NBCUniversal, Oracle, Roper and Texas Instruments
- An aggregate of $1.2 billion in debt exchange offers representing Universal Orlando and SAIC
- An aggregate of $700 million in convertible notes offerings by Electronic Arts and Infinera
- Initial public offerings by AVG Technologies, Endocyte, Enphase Energy, Inphi, MaxLinear, Palo Alto Networks and Portola Pharmaceuticals
- Equity offerings by Affymax, Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Endocyte, Inphi, Jazz Pharmaceuticals, Onyx Pharmaceuticals, Netflix and Xenoport
- Google’s transferable stock option program
Listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- Band 1, California: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Chambers USA, every year since the inaugural issue in 2007
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal: California
- Legal Media Group’s Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Capital Markets Lawyers
- Daily Journal’s “Top 100 Lawyers” list for California
- The Legal 500 U.S.
- PLI: Drafting Securities Filings, 2010, 2011, 2012 and 2013
- Northwestern Law School: 37th and 40th Annual Securities Regulation Institutes
- Society of Corporate Secretaries & Governance Professionals, 2009 National Conference
- Partner, 1994-present
- Associate, 1985-1994
- Law Clerk, Hon. Harry W. Wellford, U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit, 1984-1985