Andrew S. Fei
Mr. Fei is an associate in Davis Polk’s Corporate Department, practicing in the Financial Institutions Group. He regularly advises U.S. and foreign financial institutions on a broad range of banking law matters, including Basel III bank capital and liquidity standards, Dodd-Frank financial regulatory reforms, bank regulatory and capital implications for various corporate transactions as well as systemic risk and derivatives regulation.
- Regular advice to clients with respect to bank capital requirements, including Basel II and Basel III standards, their implementation in the United States and their implications for various corporate transactions.
- Regular advice to U.S. and non-U.S. financial institutions on the impact of Dodd-Frank enhanced prudential standards, including risk-based capital, leverage, liquidity, stress testing, capital planning and single counterparty credit limit requirements, and their implications for various corporate transactions.
- Represents industry associations on comment letters to the U.S. banking agencies concerning the U.S. Basel III regulations and other Dodd-Frank reforms.
- Frequent speaker at industry events on bank capital, liquidity and Dodd-Frank regulatory reforms.
- Frequently quoted in the media on bank capital, liquidity and Dodd-Frank regulatory reforms, including Financial Times, New York Times Dealbook, International Herald Tribune, American Banker, CQ Roll Call, Compliance Week, and Politico.
- Co-author of numerous publications, including:
- U.S. Basel III Liquidity Coverage Ratio Proposal: Visual Memorandum, October 30, 2013
- U.S. Basel III Guide for Community Banks, DirectorCorps (Bank Director’s Educational Program for Directors of Community Banks), October 2013
- Proposed Changes to Basel III Leverage Ratio Framework, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, July 29, 2013
- U.S. Basel III Final Rule: Visual Memorandum, July 8, 2013
- Brown-Vitter Bill: Commentary and Analysis, April 30, 2013
- U.S. Basel III Proposals: Infographic, BankDirector.com, January 14, 2013
- Basel Committee Revises Basel III Liquidity Coverage Ratio, Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation, February 3, 2013
- Potential Extraterritorial Application of Regulations Issued Under Title VII of the Dodd-Frank Act, Futures & Derivatives Law Report, Vol. 31, Issue 6, June-July 2011
- Bank M&A in the New Regulatory Landscape, forthcoming December 2013, PLI: Banking Law Institute 2013
- Co-developer, U.S. Basel III Interactive Risk Weights Tool, July 2013
- Co-presenter, U.S. Basel III Webcasts, Impact on Foreign Banking Organizations with Significant U.S. Operations ; Impact on Community Banks ; and Impact on Regional Banks , July 24, 2013
- Associate, 2010-present
- Law Clerk, Hon. William G. Young, U.S. District Court, Massachusetts, 2009-2010
Basel Committee Revises Basel III Liquidity Coverage Ratio | The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation
U.S. Basel III Proposals: Infographic
Fed Begins 2013 CCAR Capital Planning Process for Large Banks | The Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation