Alan F. Denenberg
Mr. Denenberg is a member of Davis Polk’s Corporate Department and head of the Menlo Park office. He has extensive experience in corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions transactions. His practice includes a broad range of public and private equity and debt financing representing both domestic and foreign issuers and underwriters in a variety of industries, including technology, telecommunications, health care, retail and manufacturing. In the mergers and acquisitions area, Mr. Denenberg has worked on a number of public and private transactions, representing both acquirer and target companies, as well as private equity firms.
Mr. Denenberg has worked on public offerings, including convertible, investment-grade and high-yield debt and equity offerings, for a variety of companies, including Altera, Baidu, Cisco, Concur Technologies, Cypress Semiconductor, EnerNOC, Equinix, FleetMatics, Fortinet, Google, GT Advanced Technologies, Intel, InterMolecular, Intuit, I-Payment, ISIS, Juniper, Kythera, Nice-Systems, Nanostring, Nvidia, OpenTable, Pacific Biosciences, QuinStreet, Rally Software, Shutterfly, Silicon Valley Bank, Solazyme, Sonosite, Spansion, STR, Theravance, Tibco, Twitter, Vishay, Xilinx, Yelp, Yahoo and Zeltiq.
He spent five years practicing in Asia, during which time he focused on cross-border financings and mergers and acquisitions, including various financings by Telstra, the Australian telecommunications company, and China Eastern Airlines.
Mergers and Acquisitions Representations
- Reliance Steel & Aluminum in its acquisition of Metals USA Holdings
- J.P. Morgan in the acquisition of Dell by Michael Dell and Silverlake
- Asylum Research in its sale to Oxford Instruments
- Ingram Micro in its acquisitions of BrightPoint, CloudBlue Technologies and Shipwire
- Ultra Clean in its acquisition of AIT
- Smart Modular in its sale to Silver Lake
- Symantec in its acquisition of the identity and authentication business of VeriSign
- Equinix in its acquisitions of Switch & Data and ALOG and sale of data centers to 365 Main
- MSC Software in its sale to Symphony Technology Group
- MediaTek in its acquisition of the cellular chip business of Analog Devices
- PowerDsine in its sale to Microsemi
Mr. Denenberg has regularly provided general corporate advice to companies, including ClearEdge Power, Equinix, Ingram Micro, MediaTek, Mirion Technology, MSC Software, Novellus, Reliance Steel, Richemont International, QuinStreet, Smart Modular, Solazyme, Symantec and UltraClean Technologies. He also has represented private equity funds, including Atelier Fund, Elevation Partners, Francisco Partners and MPM Capital.
- Named "Lawyer of the Year" in San Francisco Securities / Capital Markets Law by Best Lawyers 2014
- Listed as a leading lawyer in several legal industry publications, including:
- California: Capital Markets: Debt & Equity – Chambers USA 2012-2013
- California: Corporate/M&A – Chambers USA 2012-2013
- Chambers Global: The World’s Leading Lawyers for Business
- Practical Law Company’s Cross-border Mergers and Acquisitions Handbook, Cross-border Finance: Secured Lending Handbook and Cross-border Capital Markets Handbook
- Law Business Research’s Who’s Who Legal: California
- Daily Journal’s Top 100 California Lawyers
- Partner, Davis Polk, 2000-present
- Partner (San Francisco); Managing Partner (Singapore office), Shearman & Sterling, 1994-2000