We have a rich mix of people, with a wealth of cultural backgrounds and points of view, who work as colleagues in an uncommonly concerted way to meet clients’ needs and goals.
By The Numbers
- Our lawyers come from 57 countries and collectively speak more than 40 languages.
- 33% of our lawyers were born outside of the United States, including 24% of our partners.
- 25% of our lawyers are ethnic minorities or LGBT.
- 37% of our associates and 18% of our partners are women.
- Davis Polk consistently ranks in the top 20 firms among all AmLaw 100 and 200 firms in The American Lawyer “Diversity Scorecard.”
- Davis Polk was honored with four awards at the 2013 Euromoney LMG Americas Women in Business Law Awards, including “Best International Firm for Women in Business Law.” The firm also received the award for “Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm.”
- Davis Polk was named a “Gold Standard Firm” by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum in 2012 and 2013.
- Davis Polk was named a 2012 “Top Company for LGBT Equality” by Work Life Matters magazine.
- Davis Polk has twice received the Minority Corporate Counsel Association Thomas L. Sager Award.
- Davis Polk was named co-winner of the Morgan Stanley Legal and Compliance Division Leadership and Excellence in Inclusion and Diversity Award.
- PepsiCo, a recognized leader on diversity issues among the Fortune 500, has twice awarded Davis Polk the William T. Coleman Award in recognition of the firm’s diversity efforts.