We have a rich mix of people, with a wealth of cultural backgrounds and points of view, who work as colleagues in an uncommonly concerted way to meet clients’ needs and goals.
By The Numbers
- Our lawyers come from 58 countries and collectively speak more than 40 languages.
- 32% of our lawyers were born outside of the United States, including 25% of our partners.
- 28% of our lawyers are ethnic minorities or LGBT.
- 41% of our associates and 18% of our partners are women.
- Davis Polk consistently ranks in the top 20 firms among all AmLaw 100 and 200 firms in The American Lawyer “Diversity Scorecard.”
- Davis Polk received the award for “Best Gender Diversity Initiative by an International Firm” at the 2014 Euromoney LMG Americas Women in Business Law Awards.
- Davis Polk was named a “Gold Standard Firm” by the Women in Law Empowerment Forum in 2012 and 2013.
- Davis Polk was named a 2012 “Top Company for LGBT Equality” by Work Life Matters magazine.
- Davis Polk has twice received the Minority Corporate Counsel Association Thomas L. Sager Award.
- Davis Polk was named co-winner of the Morgan Stanley Legal and Compliance Division Leadership and Excellence in Inclusion and Diversity Award.
- PepsiCo, a recognized leader on diversity issues among the Fortune 500, has twice awarded Davis Polk the William T. Coleman Award in recognition of the firm’s diversity efforts.